Background

Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Garlic 2012 - I came, I cooked, I conquered (ok I got second place)

What a weekend! This morning, I am slowly recovering from the 22nd annual Virginia Wine and Garlic Festival at Rebec Vineyards. One of our favorite events of the season, this year did not disappoint. We worked, we participated, we partook, and now we are pooped.

This year, I covered the festival for the burg, and decided to focus on the Garlic Cook-Off. As you will read in the article, I also decided to enter the contest, and I am happy to say that I took second place! More importantly, the contest was a blast. My fellow contestants were friendly, Gary Jaketic was a perfect host, and the supportive crowd made it all a real event. Read the article and get my recipe for Leek, Potato, and Garlic Soup here.



Big thanks to all who came out to cheer me on. I am already coming up with some ideas for next year. 1st place in 2013 or bust!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, I'm new to your blog (from the empty spoon blog) and just read about your second place win in this contest! Great! I would love to try this recipe, but when I tried the link I'm not finding the recipe posted? It looks like there is a link but it's not working? Could you direct me to where I can get your recipe for the soup...sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teresa. The link is now fixed. They redid their website, so it looks like I will have a lot of links to fix! Good luck with blogging and enjoy the soup. :)

    ReplyDelete